Inclusive, Interprofessional Public Health Education, Research, and Practice
Together, we see public health in a whole new light
Our interprofessional approach and commitment to inclusive excellence help us see public health a little differently. We seek to transform public health and well-being for all. Check out what the community is saying about Virginia's first College of Public Health.
Multidisciplinary education, research, and practice
Inclusive excellence to achieve access, equity, and representation in public health
Introducing the first and only College of Public Health in Virginia
We are the College of Public Health at George Mason University
Global and Community Health
Explore public health fields such as behavioral sciences, biostatistics, environmental health, community health, epidemiology, global health, health communications, and health education.
Health Administration and Policy
Improve the quality and delivery of health care and public health preventive services through leadership, informatics, and policymaking.
Address the challenges of a rapidly changing health care environment with hands-on experience working with diverse patient populations.
Nutrition and Food Studies
Combine the science of nutrition with the culture of food to influence behavior changes that improve health and increase global food access.
Improve the well-being of individuals, families, and communities by assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating programs to affect social change.
In the News
- Player FM (audio): Dr. Anna Pollack and Dr. Jhumka Gupta comment on the safety of common menstrual productsJanuary 25, 2023
- Houston Defender Network: Dr. Jhumka Gupta is quoted in an article on how period poverty affects Black women and girlsJanuary 25, 2023
- More than 60% of Sub-Saharan African adolescents struggle to catch up on their education after COVID-19 pandemic, 18% report signs of mental health challengesJanuary 24, 2023
- atients Come First Podcast (Virginia Hospital and Healthcare Association): Dr. Katherine Scafide is interviewed about her research that led to light sources better able to detect bruising on people with darker skinJanuary 23, 2023
- Williams receives Prevent Cancer Foundation grant to increase lung cancer awareness among high-risk populations in MississippiJanuary 23, 2023