Careers in Community and Public Health
Graduates from our undergraduate and graduate degree programs work and pursue careers in a variety of settings that expand beyond traditional public health. The book 101+ Careers in Public Health by Beth Seltzer is an excellent resource to learn more about the career opportunities in the field. The following is a list of job boards that may help you find a position that matches your career goals.
Career Opportunities and Job Boards
- Public Health Employment Connection
- Public Health Jobs
- Public Health Career Mart
- Virginia Department of Health
- DC Department of Health
- Maryland Department of Health
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officials Job Bank
- US Department of Health & Human Services
- National Institutes of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Adding a public health certification after graduation can help move your resume to the top of the pile!
Certified in Public Health (CPH)
All MPH graduates are eligible to sit for the Certified in Public Health exam administered by the National Board of Public Health Examiners.
Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES)
Graduates of the MPH-Community Health Promotion concentration are eligible to sit for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam administered by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.