Accelerated MPH Frequently Asked Questions
What is the deadline to apply to the Bachelor’s/Accelerated MPH?
There is no deadline to apply to the Bachelor’s/Accelerated MPH, as it is dependent upon how many credits a student has and if they have taken the required prerequisites.
If I am denied into the Bachelor’s/Accelerated MPH, can I apply to the MPH through the SOPHAS application?
The Bachelor’s/Accelerated MPH is reserved for Mason’s most highly-qualified undergraduate students. If you do not qualify for the program, or if your application was denied, you can still apply to the MPH program through the SOPHAS application.
I am not a current Mason undergraduate. Am I eligible for the Bachelor’s/Accelerated MPH?
No, the Bachelor’s/Accelerated MPH is only for current Mason undergraduates. Students must be highly qualified and highly motivated.
Do I have to be a Community Health major to apply for the Bachelor’s/Accelerated MPH?
No, we accept applications for the Bachelor’s/Accelerated MPH from any major. Applicants must have taken the required prerequisites.
What are the required prerequisites?
Before you apply to the Bachelor’s/Accelerated MPH, you must have:
- Taken at least 60 credits.
- Earned a GPA 3.25 or above.
- Taken GCH 300, a Mason Core Quantitative Reasoning course, and ENGH 302 Advanced Composition (waived for Honors College Students)
What happens once I’m admitted into the Bachelor’s/Accelerated MPH program?
Once you have at least 75 credits, you may take graduate courses for either Advanced Standing or Reserve Credit. Speak with your undergraduate academic advisor for guidance on course planning.
What happens when I have completed my undergraduate coursework?
The semester in which you will complete your undergraduate coursework, you will do the following two things:
- Apply to graduate in Patriot Web.
- Work with your undergraduate advisor to complete the Bachelor’s/Accelerated Transition form.
Refer to the Office of Graduate Admissions’ Accelerated Master’s webpage for more information.
Who should I contact for more information?
Who you should contact depends on your question.
- For questions about eligibility or courses to take while an undergraduate, contact your undergraduate advisor.
- For questions about the MPH program requirements overall, contact MPH Program Coordinator, Ms. Kelly Beckwith.
- For general application questions, contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at https://www2.gmu.edu/admissions-aid/apply-now/how-apply/accelerated-masters