The Development Office secures financial resources for College through engagement with alumni, donors, and friends of the university. As representatives of the GMU Foundation, we connect individuals and entities to areas of need across the College where they can have an impact on our students, faculty, facilities, and programs.
What are our College’s current funding priorities?
- CHHS Student Emergency Fund
- Dean’s Excellence Fund
- Endowed professorships/chairs
- Department scholarship funds
How do we accomplish this?
- Alumni and donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Grants to corporations and foundations for philanthropic projects
- Securing gifts to name spaces within the College
- Securing gifts to establish endowed and named scholarship funds
- Event sponsorships
- Annual giving (Giving Day, direct mail, phone-a-thon, email)
How can departments get involved in fundraising?
- Connect your alumni and friends to a member of the Development team if they are interested in supporting the work of the college
- Attend alumni and donor events to network
- Share your funding needs/current research projects with the Development team
- Share student success stories and notable alumni stories with the Development team
- Visit chhs.gmu.edu/give to learn more about top funding priorities
Who should I contact?
Contact the Office of Development directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.