Faculty and Staff Affairs Staff
About the Office of Faculty and Staff Affairs
The College’s Office of Faculty and Staff Affairs is in place to provide support to all faculty and staff. The college has tenured faculty, tenure-track faculty, term faculty, adjunct faculty, and affiliate faculty. The college also supports part-time and full-time staff and staff supported by faculty grants. The office strives to create micro opportunities that will lead to macro changes, better supporting the needs and career trajectories of all faculty and staff. Priorities include onboarding of new faculty and staff, establishing faculty mentoring programs, increasing faculty and staff awards, and faculty and staff recruitment related to procedures and guidelines supporting diversity and inclusion.
The Associate Dean for Faculty and Staff Affairs liaises with College committees that support various matters, especially related to faculty governance, advancement and development:
- Staff Development Committee
- Faculty Council
- College PT&R Committee
- Faculty Development
The Office of Faculty and Staff Affairs works with the College’s faculty and leadership to make sure the College is in compliance with the university’s faculty handbook. The office staff is working with the 2019 COACHE data as the basis for strengthening and creating faculty programs and opportunities, and it administers a college-level faculty and staff awards program.
Master Teacher awards and Teaching Innovation awards (developed by staff in the Office of Academic Affairs) are given out annually at the end of each academic year, Applications for all teaching awards are peer-reviewed. There are also university awards available for faculty and the university’s Faculty Development website has a plethora of information for professional development for faculty to explore.
Resources the office maintains include:
- CPH Faculty Overload and Supplemental Pay Policy (pdf)
- Workload Agreement (doc)
- Non-Graduate Faculty and Dissertation Committee Service
- Search Process & Committee Charging document - Faculty
- Search Process & Committee Charging document - Staff
- Letter template for faculty candidates not offered the position
- Bylaws (pdf) (Revised October 2021)
- External Affiliates
- CPH Promotion and Tenure Manual (pdf) (updated May 2022)
- CPH Term Promotion Policy and Procedures (November 2019; adopted December 19, 2019)
- Annual Performance Review for Faculty