College of Health and Human Services
Day: Thursday, August 11, 2022
Time: 4:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m
Location: Dewberry Hall (Johnson Center), Fairfax Campus Map
Maps of the Johnson Center (Ground Floor and 2nd Floor)
Fall 2022 Program Schedule
4:00 – 4:15pm Student arrival and Check in
4:15 - 4:25pm Welcome to the College! by CHHS Dean Melissa Perry
4:25 – 5:30pm Breakout Sessions - Resources Across Campus
5:30 – 5:45pm Break
5:45 – 5:55pm Welcome from Dr. Kim Holmes; Instructions for Departmental Breakout Sessions
6:00 – 7:30pm Departmental Orientation Session:
- Global and Community Health
- Nutrition and Food Studies
- School of Nursing
- Social Work
- Health Informatics, MS (the Master of Health Administration (MHA) and the Health Services Research, PhD will hold program-specific orientations at a later date)
For our newly admitted students, we have provided the following resources and PowerPoint presentations:
- Graduate Orientation "Virtual Resource Book"
- Tips for Success presented by Dr. Kimberly Holmes, Associate Dean of Student Affairs. In it you will find many important links to college and university resources.
- Library Orientation presented by Kathleen Butler, Mason Library Liaison.
- Technology at Mason presented by Terri Ann Guingab, CHHS Instructional Designer.
- CHHS Online Learning Success provides strategies to succeed in online courses and working collaboratively online.
- Graduate Student Life at Mason presented by Dr. Julie Choe Kim, Director of Graduate Student Life