College of Public Health
Day: Thursday, January 19, 2023
Time: 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m
Location: Peterson Family Health Sciences Hall, Fairfax Campus Map
Spring 2023 Program Schedule
4:30 - 4:45pm - Attendee arrival, check-in, and dinner
4:45 - 4:50pm - Welcome to the College! with Dr. Kimberly Holmes
4:50 - 5:30pm - Resources across Campus Presentations
- Tips for Success with Dr. Kimberly Holmes, Associate Dean of Student Affairs
- Library Resources with Kathleen Butler, Mason Library Liaison
- Graduate Student Life at Mason with Dr. Julie Choe Kim, Director of Graduate Student Life
- Technology at Mason with Terri Ann Guingab, CPH Instructional Designer
5:30 - 5:40pm - Break
5:40 - 5:45pm - Instructions for Department Breakout Sessions
5:45 - 7:15pm - Department Orientations
- Global and Community Health
- Nutrition and Food Studies
- School of Nursing
- Health Informatics, MS
- The Master of Health Administration (MHA) will hold a program-specific orientation at an earlier date.
For our newly admitted students, we have provided the following resources and PowerPoint presentations:
- Graduate Orientation "Virtual Resource Book"
- Graduate Orientation Presentation Slides, including...
- Tips for Success presented by Dr. Kimberly Holmes, Associate Dean of Student Affairs. In it you will find many important links to college and university resources.
- Library Orientation presented by Kathleen Butler, Mason Library Liaison.
- Technology at Mason presented by Terri Ann Guingab, CPH Instructional Designer.
- CPH Online Learning Success provides strategies to succeed in online courses and working collaboratively online.
- Graduate Student Life at Mason presented by Dr. Julie Choe Kim, Director of Graduate Student Life