- More than 60% of Sub-Saharan African adolescents struggle to catch up on their education after COVID-19 pandemic, 18% report signs of mental health challengesJanuary 24, 2023
A new study led by Assistant Professor Dongqing Wang evaluated the continued challenges to adolescents’ education and mental health in five sub-Saharan African countries.
- Williams receives Prevent Cancer Foundation grant to increase lung cancer awareness among high-risk populations in MississippiJanuary 23, 2023
Assistant Professor Michelle S. Williams will create two online training programs: (1) To train community health workers to implement a lung cancer screening awareness program and (2) To educate high-risk populations about prevention for the disease.
- January 19, 2023
With data from the Mason: Health Starts Here study, Master of Science, Nutrition alum Li Jiang, Department Chair Lawrence Cheskin, and Associate Professor Lilian de Jonge found that students reporting a higher level of loneliness also reported a higher level of sedentary behavior and low activity.
- Discovering Public Health as a Pathway to Success and Impact: College of Public Health graduate reflects on her experience as a Community Health majorJanuary 18, 2023
Bachelor of Science in Community Health graduate Taylor Thomas reflects on her education pathway at the College of Public Health.
- NBC News: Picks up Associated Press article on who deserves credit for decrease in Mpox where Dr. Amira Roess is quotedJanuary 11, 2023
Mpox has faded in the U.S. Who deserves the credit?
- NBC4: Dr. Amira Roess is quoted in an article on why the U.S. shut down its emergency response to the virusJanuary 11, 2023
What Happened to Mpox? Here's Why the US Shut Down Its Emergency Response to the Virus
- January 5, 2023
Rebecca Bates attributes Mason’s interdisciplinary collaboration for elevating her research on adolescents and opioids.
- December 12, 2022
College of Public Health mentors usher student toward the spotlight
- December 7, 2022
Effective January 1, 2023, Virginia eliminates taxes on personal hygiene products, including menstrual products
- November 1, 2022
George Mason University's new interdisciplinary college will benefit the region and beyond by responding to the commonwealth’s public health and workforce needs.