CHHS Faculty and Staff Celebrated at University Day Service Awards
April 17, 2019
On April 2 (Mason Green Day) and April 4 (Mason Gold Day), 2019, George Mason University faculty and staff were celebrated for their years of service at the annual University Day Service Awards in Dewberry Hall. Twenty-four CHHS staff and faculty members were recognized for their service.
Dr. James Metcalf
Dr. James Metcalf was honored for his 45th anniversary at Mason with recognition from President Ángel Cabrera, Provost David Wu, and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs Robert Weiler.
Tuesday, September 4, 1973 was Metcalf’s first day of classes- back when there were only two colleges and nine buildings on campus, tuition was $290/semester, and a gallon of gas was $0.40. A lot has changed in the 16,648 days that Metcalf has been with Mason.
Throughout his career at Mason, he has demonstrated his dedication to our teaching mission. He generates the most student credit hours of anyone in our college, consistently receives positive comments from students regarding his teaching, and is always seeking ways to engage students outside of the classroom – such as a field trip to Burke Lake Park with his Environmental Health course.
CHHS Faculty and staff recognized for their years of service include:
- 45 years - James Metcalf (GCH)
- 25 Years - Patricia Tope (OSA)
- 20 Years – Terri Ann Guingab (CHHS), Harvinder Singh (OSA), Tammy Wagner (NFS)
- 15 Years – Holly Park (CHHS), Steven Rose (SW), Catherine Tompkins (SW), Michael Wolf-Branigan (SW)
- 10 Years – Rebecca Warden (CHHS), Alison Evans Cuellar (HAP), Janusz Wojtusiak (HAP)
- 5 Years – Kelly Benedicto (OSA), Valerie Cuffee (SW), Panagiota Ferssizidis (CHHS), Sina Gallo (NFS), Kimberly Holmes (OSA), Joann Lee (SW), Sorina Madison (CHHS), Kevin Mallinson (Nursing), Anna Pollack (GCH), Katherine Prudden (SW), Angelina Riggleman-Harman (CHHS), Rosemarie Westberg (Nursing)
For class photos and more photos of the event, visit the University Day website.