In the Media
- January 5, 2022
- December 27, 2021
- December 14, 2021
- Fort Worth Star-Telegram: Dr. Amira Roess comments on the increase in deaths from Covid-19 in Tarrant County.December 13, 2021
- December 3, 2021
Anna Scolese, MPH Student, Studies Intimate Partner Violence
Faculty Research Interests
Learn more about faculty research interests by concentration
Research on Intimate Partner Violence
Faculty and students share their research on Intimate Partner Violence.
Population Health Center
Learn more about the Population Health Center - the intersection of academics and practice.
- College of Health and Human Services Helps Crush COVID By Supporting Virginia Department of Health COVID Vaccination EffortsJanuary 28, 2021College of Health and Human Service Students, Faculty, and Staff Help Crush COVID By Supporting Virginia Department of Health COVID Vaccination Efforts
- November 16, 2020Flu season recently started in many parts of the country and it is a good idea to get the flu vaccine soon to protect yourself from the seasonal flu.
- November 12, 2020George Mason University study finds large majority of universities studied made quick announcements following the World Health Organization’s pandemic declaration
- October 14, 2020New George Mason University study of adults on probation uncovers higher levels of hostility and risk-taking among recent consumers of these high alcohol content flavored beverages
- October 13, 2020New George Mason University study highlights opportunity to increase testing for sexually transmitted infections among this high-risk population
- George Mason University Receives $100,000 GO Virginia Economic Resilience and Recovery Grant to Pilot Return to Work Program that includes COVID-19 Antibody and Diagnostic Testing to Help the Region Safely Resume OperationsSeptember 24, 2020Pilot initiative builds ability to deliver testing, contact tracing, and stress management protocols among health care providers, with goal of rapidly scaling to other sectors.
- Accurate labels like ‘aerosol’ or ‘chemicals’ increase perceived risks of e-cigarette use in college studentsSeptember 15, 2020Study from George Mason reveals that accurately labeling e-cigarette emissions as ‘chemicals’ or ‘aerosols’ rather than ‘vapor’ increases the perceived risk of exposure. Higher perceived risk is linked to stronger support for smoke-free campus policies.
- Dr. Carolyn Drews-Botsch Appointed Professor and Chair of the Department of Global and Community HealthAugust 27, 2020The College of Health and Human Services is pleased to announce that Dr. Carolyn Drews-Botsch has joined the College as a professor and chair of the Department of Global and Community Health, effective August 24.
- College of Health and Human Services Faculty Receive Curriculum Impact Grants to Create High-Impact Learning ExperiencesAugust 19, 2020Transdisciplinary grants will support curriculum in areas such as physical activity, social justice, STEM in society, and global health challenges.
- George Mason College of Health and Human Services Faculty Develop COVID Health Check™ — First-of-Its-Kind Screening Assessment to Reduce the Spread of COVID-19August 10, 2020Mason and other Virginia colleges adopt screening tool for real-time surveillance, early detection, and coordinated reporting of COVID-19.
- August 5, 2020Jazzmine Mata graduated from Mason in the spring of 2020 and will go on to pursue her Masters in Public Health (MPH).
- August 5, 2020Nattacha Munakata graduated with a B.S. in Community Health and Clinical Science.