- Dr. Alison Evans Cuellar announced as Interim Associate Dean of Research at George Mason University College of Public HealthMarch 15, 2023
Leading health policy researcher to advance the research function in the College
- Health Administration and Policy faculty appointed to two Virginia state-wide initiatives focused on well-being for health care professionalsMarch 13, 2023
Debora Goldberg, associate professor in Mason’s College of Public Health, is a leading expert on resiliency and well-being in the health care workforce.
- Transition to adulthood brings mental health declines for Black youth who interact with juvenile justice system, study findsMarch 7, 2023
A new study from Assistant Professor Melissa Villodas shows that connectedness is a protective factor against declining mental health.
- Cuellar appointed to National Academies committee on improving health and well-being for children and youthFebruary 27, 2023
Alison Evans Cuellar, professor in the Department of Health Administration and Policy, was appointed to the Improving the Health and Wellbeing of Children and Youth through Health Care System Transformation committee.
- Fri, 01/13/2023 - 16:46
Dr. Yanika Kowitlawakul is an Associate Professor in the School of Nursing and has been involved in teaching in undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Kowitlawakul’s research interests are educational technology and patient safety.
- Information about traumatic brain injury is hard to find and often hard to trust, according to new researchDecember 16, 2022
A new study from Tammie Jones and Ali Weinstein studied how individuals with a traumatic brain injury and their caregivers find health information for the disease and how to improve it.
- Marijuana use prevalence higher among adults with disabilities compared to those without disabilities, study findsDecember 16, 2022
A new study led by Associate Professor of Health Administration and Policy Gilbert Gimm found that the likelihood of past-month marijuana use among adults varies by type of disability and is higher in states with legalized medical marijuana.
- Fri, 12/09/2022 - 09:07
Dr. Jessica Mitro is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Global and Community Health (GCH). She is passionate about access to and mobilization of knowledge and excited to support our future community, public health, and healthcare professionals.
- November 9, 2022
At the end of the American Public Health Association’s Annual Meeting, Associate Professor Erin Maughan began the two-year position.
- November 9, 2022
The funding will help faculty begin new research projects around birth outcomes, environmental exposures, gestational weight gain, and e-cigarette cessation, respectively.