- September 12, 2022K. Pierre Eklou, assistant professor in the School of Nursing, shares expertise on what behaviors may be signs of suicidal thoughts and how to help.
- September 9, 2022The Dean's video series highlights innovation, accomplishments, and ideas from faculty and students.
- Fierce Healthcare: Affiliate faculty member Peter Kongstvedt is quoted in an article on COVID-19 vaccine coverage questions for insurersSeptember 8, 2022COVID vaccine coverage questions abound for health insurers
- September 8, 2022Epidemiologist and Professor Amira Roess answers frequently asked questions about the newest COVID booster shot.
- September 6, 2022Terri Ann Guingab, an instructional designer in the College of Health and Human Services, is September Employee of the Month.
- September 6, 2022Mason alumna and CHHS advisory board member to be recognized with one of the highest nursing honors
- Virginia Elected Officials Praise George Mason University’s Mason and Partners Clinic Located in Prince William ShelterAugust 31, 2022National, state, and county leaders learned about the Mason and Partner Clinics, which prepare students to serve vulnerable populations and increase access to care for marginalized communities.
- Registered Dietitian Helps Prepare Mason Dietetics Students to Lead Population Health Through NutritionAugust 31, 2022Mason’s new Master of Nutrition dietetics concentration, commencing in fall 2022, will prepare Registered Dietitians to protect the public, remain competitive, and increase recognition of the field.
- August 29, 2022Melissa J. Perry, the new dean of George Mason University’s College of Health and Human Services, recently sat down to discuss her personal and academic background, her vision for the college, and her approach to lifelong learning. She joined Mason August 1.
- Tomaszewski co-Authors eco-social policy for the International Federation of Social Work United Nation’s CommissionAugust 29, 2022Assistant Professor of Social Work Evelyn Tomaszewski outlines social workers’ key role in creating and building partnerships that commit to a sustainable and just approach to battling global issues.
- Study finds correlation between number of tobacco retailers and prevalence of tobacco use in Virginia countiesAugust 25, 2022A new study from Hong Xue and colleagues shows that the county-level association between tobacco retailers and adult smokers can be largely explained by several social determinants of health, including mental and physical health.
- August 24, 2022Congratulations to Rima Nakkash and Kathy Chang on new positions within the Department of Global and Community Health and School of Nursing, respectively.
Public Health in the Media
- Virginia Business: Highlights the launch of Mason’s new College of Public Health. Mason president Gregory Washington and dean Melissa J. Perry are both quoted.November 1, 2022
- October 25, 2022
- Hoops News: Picks up NBC piece. Dr. Amira Roess is quoted in an article on Monkeypox emergency orders and eradicationOctober 24, 2022
- October 22, 2022
- NBC News: (VIDEO) Katherine Scafide interviewed about her research detecting bruises on diverse skin tonesOctober 21, 2022
Public Health In the George
- April 21, 2022
- April 19, 2022
- March 30, 2022
- March 7, 2022
- February 4, 2022